Friday, October 19, 2007

Something new and lots of fun...

yesterday i went to visit my friend anne who is a lampworker. she makes lovely and delightfully whimsical beads. she showed me how to use the torch and glass to make various shapes for the chambers of my kaleidoscopes....

it was amazing... i remember making pipettes in chemistry class (that was too many years ago for me to say), but muscle memory must have kicked in because i had a great time. i can't say that the pieces i made are anything to marvel at, but i am very excited to try them to see what patterns they make in my scopes. and to purchase a simpler version of anne's torch to try to make more here at home. yippee!

what a great fun day i had, and here is a photo of my first efforts!


the forms on the left in green are my efforts at
small sculptural forms. the rods are the various glass pieces used, you can sort of see the end of the green rod, where the last effort still sits...

the bits on the right are just that. . . bits left over or broken off .... but which are also very useful.

No comments: